BOULDER CITY – The City of Boulder City, in partnership with the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) and Boulder City Hospital, will provide free COVID-19 nasal swab tests for the community. Emergency Operations staff plan to test 400 residents for COVID-19 virus. The nasal swab tests will be available at a drive-through clinic at Bravo Field Parking Lot on Monday, May 18 and Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
Boulder City Paramedics and Boulder City Hospital Nurses will administer the tests,and results should be available within one week. “These nasal tests determine if someone currently has the virus; they are not antibody tests,” said Chief Will Gray,Boulder City Fire Department. “Testing data will be used by the State to determine next steps in the reopening framework. We appreciate the patience and interest our residents have shown in maintaining the health of our community.”
Testing requires an appointment and is for Boulder City residents only. No doctor’s orders are necessary. The SNHD only requires patients provide a name, address, and contact information to get free testing. Residents may call 702.293.9256 on Tuesday-Thursday, May 12-14, 2020 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to reserve a time slot.
“We have heard from the community that they would like local testing, as most clinics have been in Las Vegas so far,” said Mayor Kiernan McManus. “Many of our residents are older and have limited transportation options. I appreciate that we are able to get more residents tested.” (See attached flyer and video at https://youtu.be/ukEKScKGFig for full details.)
The Be Boulder! Kids Crew will start May 18, 2020. The program is for children in grades K-5 who have a working parent(s). The program runs Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. -6 p.m. at ABC Park Gymnasium. Registration and participation is subject to space availability; no drop-ins are allowed.
“Registration is required for specific days, no refunds will be allowed and no half days,” said Roger Hall, Parks and Recreation Director. “To ensure safety of all,routine hand washing and temperature checks are required of participants and staff.Those having 100.4 degrees or higher or who have a family member who is ill will not be permitted.” Parents should supply each child with a lunch, two snacks and a water bottle with the child’s name. You must register and pay by credit card in advance by phone only: 702.293.9256.
Please see the updated information from Boulder City:
1. Mayor Kiernan McManus officially signed a Declaration of a State of Emergency in March 2020. The Declaration is posted at www.bcnv.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=162.
2. City Council, Committee and commission meetings will be via teleconference only pursuant to Emergency Directive 006 through May 30, 2020. Visit www.bcnv.org/Council for information.
3. During these difficult times, we are suspending utility disconnections on a case-by-case basis. You must contact our utilities billing at 702.293.9244 to discuss.
4. City Hall and all City buildings are closed to public access through May 30 (date subject to change based on Governor’s guidance). Items may be dropped off at the front security station. While staff is working onsite, we ask that non-emergency business be handled by email or phone only. You can call City Hall at 702.293.9329 during regular business hours, with limited hours on Friday and Saturday, or use the staff directory at www.bcnv.org/Directory.aspx.
5. Utility, business license and permit payments can be made at the back window of City Hall. Payments can also be made online at www.bcnv.org, where you can set up auto pay as well.
6. Police fingerprint services (for background checks) are temporarily suspended, and Nevada DMV services provided at the Police Department are suspended in alignment with the State.
7. Nevadans seeking Unemployment Insurance Benefits can file online at http://ui.nv.gov/css.html.8. The Clark County School District (CCSD) student food distribution pod is open from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.Monday through Friday at Mitchell Elementary School. You must bring a student ID, know the student’s IDnumber, or child must accompany you for pick-up (may remain in car.) Food distribution locations/times are here: https://ccsd.nutrislice.com/menu.
9. Albertson’s Grocery Store offers special hours for people with immune system issues, with physical impairments, and/or who are elderly: 7 a.m. through 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
10. The last day to donate household staples at City Hall is Wednesday, May 13 from 10 a.m. until noon. Learn more at www.bcnv.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=163. After May 13, please donate directly to local charities.
11. Three Square Food Bank is helping people sign up for food stamps. Call their office at 702.765.4030 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or visit www.threesquare.org.
12. Boulder City Hospital, the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home, and all nursing homes in Boulder City are restricting visitors. Please check with each location by phone for more information.
13. The City has started a database for those who want to volunteer to assist: email the City email@example.com to add your name, contact information (email and phone) and how you can help.
14. Nevada Small Businesses Administration disaster information: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
15. All employees of Boulder City are vital to the operations of the City and must continue to report to work.Essential City services, including trash pick-up, will continue as scheduled.
16. All special events are closed in City parks and facilities through May 30. The City’s parks and park bathrooms will remain open daily (times may vary). Maintain social distancing and wash your hands (or children’s hands) while using the parks. Closures include:
|All Playground Equipment||Boulder City Arts Center||Boulder City Aquatic Center|
|Boulder City Tiny Tots||Boulder City Fitness Center||Youth and Adult Sports Programs|
|Boulder City Safe Key||Special events in City Parks||Boulder City Youth Center|
|Special classes||Beach volleyball courts at Veterans Memorial Park||Basketball courts at Lakeview,H emenway, Oasis & Veterans Memorial Parks|
|Skate Park at Veterans Memorial|